There are many sayings about the impact of MUSIC:-- Music is healing to the soul -- Music (like love) makes the world go ‘round -- One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain. ~ Bob Marley
With over 3,000 songs on my iPod and the VAST number of songs made to choose from; we are taking a different approach on this Fear Not Friday, to let you know what our DAILY Fear Not Be Weird playlist looks like (or should I say, sounds like).
These are only a few of our Fear Not Be Weird Go-To songs, and this list does not even touch the tip of the iceberg. So, for that reason, this is only Part I for this kind of list. Note: These are not listed in any particular order.
FEAR NOT BE WEIRD PLAYLIST – PART I
- “I Choose” – India Arie. This song speaks volumes to a Fear Not Be Weird attitude, as we have the ability to empower ourselves. We choose how we respond to circumstances. We can choose to not allow anyone or anything dictate our day, our decisions, etc.
- “Jack In the Box” – Mali Music. This song speaks from a spiritual perspective. On an individual basis, each of us are very unique and we can impact the world in a positive manner once we have a defined inner peace in order to be comfortable in our own skin and share our gifts and talents with the world.
- “Greetings Earthlings” – Rio (aka KuntryBoyy) – The drop of the beat in this song and the sound effects make it very unique. This one also approaches the message from a spiritual perspective. This song also speaks to being different, not of this world, but here to make an impact and here for a purpose.
- “Get Up” – Mary Mary – when I say daily, I mean daily for this song. These song lyrics speaks volumes to a Fear Not Be Weird daily attitude in order to accomplish your goals daily; having a determined attitude to not give up realizing there are so many hours in a day that we all are privy to, so what are you going to do with them and your dreams and goals?
- “Happy” – Pharrell Williams (Despicable Me 2) – A cool upbeat song. Again about having the right perspective and choosing to be happy regardless of circumstances. The opportunities, ideas are limitless. “Can’t nothing bring me down.”
- “Who I Am” – Danielle Bradbury – The Voice Performance – That inner peace – “I know exactly who I am.” Even if I am still trying to find myself – I know who I am – a GIFT. UNIQUE.
- “Think Good Thoughts” – Colbie Caillat – Just think positive. The world is so busy and fast-paced and sometimes angry. It is good to have a true balance, but again, we are also in control of our thoughts. We can let the negativity influence our actions as well, but we can change to “think good thoughts” instead.
- “Beautiful Day” – U2 – No matter what, if you are alive and breathing, “it’s a beautiful day – don’t; let it get away”. Perspective.
- “Keep Your Head Up” – Andy Grammer – “You gotta keep your head up –OOOOHHH!” Reminds us to push through. “Rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again.” Life is a cycle. This song also reminds me a go-to Bible verse –Romans 8:28 (KJV) -- “ And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”
- “Love Is All” – Je’Kob. This is a song to get and jump around to and dance to and sing out VERY loudly!!! Love is all that is needed ya’ll! Love makes the world go around. It’s like the universal language of a smile! “LOVE IS EVERLASTING!!!!! “ However, as the song says too --- “If you let it.” It will “blow your mind. I’m gonna give it to ‘em. We can change this place” ya’ll through LOVE! This song can be adapted from 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 – in our opinion that is and maybe it was written from that angle; maybe not. “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” ~ NIVOkay, so hold the press on this list – again, these songs are in no particular order and for this to be a Part I list – you would think we would just stop at 10 songs, but ummmm no; it was just too hard, so here are a few more for you to check out and see if you agree with our list and thought process here.
- “Let There Be Light” – Andy Mineo, ft. LeCrae – And let it be me. Do you light up a room? How is your influence? What does your behavior and character look like and WHO do you represent? “Let there be light” and let it be me! This crew (116) has SO MANY artists and songs to choose from. We’ll start with this one for now, as I am sure there will be additional songs on future lists/posts!!!
- “Gold”– Nicole Britt – I love, love, love this song and what it represents. The video for this song is even awesome! Each person is “Gold.” Others may not be ready for it. Maybe too small-minded or whatever the reason is. However, bullying is not and should not be tolerated. Fear Not Be Weird is all about anti-bullying!!! No two persons are alike. Even the hairs on our head are different as is the form and lines of our hands.Okay, so the last song on this Part I list for now is. . . .
- “Just Do You” – India Arie. – Enough Said!!!!
What songs come to mind, from your mental playlist or your actual playlist; that talks about embracing your uniqueness and inner peace?
Please share in the comments.
Disclaimer: The views expressed here are solely those of the authors(s) in private capacity and do not in any way represent the views of these artists. These Artists have not endorsed this post.
The Bible verses listed in this post are adapted from the original Word and Bible through the website – Bible Gateway.