A unique gift or skill lies within each of us, which makes us good at something. But, do you know what that something is?
If you don’t know what that something is, just follow your instinct. However, before you can follow your instinct, you must first discover it.
Discover Your Instinct
Before we jump into how to discover your instinct, please know that our Father in heaven created each of us with at least one unique talent.
Instinct is defined as talent, gift, ability, skill, or genius. Whether you know it or not, you are a genius in some area of your life. Don’t let anyone tell you different. If anyone tries to convince you otherwise, just know that individual feels that he or she is without talent or skill. More than likely, that person is still in search of their talent(s). Read Rising Above Life’s Challenges (click link) to figure out how to deal with people who bring negativity in your life.
If you’re going to discover your instinct, you will need to do some exploring? You won’t have to go far, but it will take focus and attentiveness to discover your gift. It will be quite obvious once you start the process. This process will only take 5-10 minutes, but you will have follow the steps.
Discovering Your Instinct
1. First, grab a writing utensil and a piece of paper. I prefer to write in a journal, see Life’s Replay Button (click link).
2. Find a quiet place to quiet your mind.
3. Take about 3-5 minutes and reflect on the last 10-20 years of your life.
4. For 2 minutes, write down all the areas of your life, in which you did a superb job
5. Spend the last 3 minutes writing down the specific skill set or talents you brought to the table to make those areas of life superb.
6. In 10 minutes, you should have discovered some unique talents.
7. If you want to spend a little more time with this exercise, take what you have discovered and compare it to what you know or what other people who knew you may have said about your talents as a child.
Develop Your Instinct
You have now discovered your instinct, now let’s develop it.
To what extent are you willing to go to develop your instinct or gift?
It may be a book you will need to buy or read. It may be a conference you will need to attend. It may be an expert you will need to sit down and talk with in the future. It may include spending money, but it may not.
Whatever the case, there are great sacrifices that will need to be made. However, with those sacrifices will come with considerable rewards.