“Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” ~Norman Vincent Peale
Everyone wants to be happy. This is why the song “Happy” was the best-selling song of 2014 and sold 13.9 million copies worldwide. It became one of the best-selling singles of all time.
What makes you happy?
Believe it or not, we are all leaders. Someone is always watching you. You may be leading a child, friend, co-worker, or simply a person taking notice of your life passing by you. They may not come out and say they are following you, but if you pay close attention you will observe these people hanging on to every word you speak and you will discover these people watching your every step.
First, you must be aware that you are a leader. After this awareness, you have to live in a way that encourages and builds those who are following you. This is why happy leaders are usually the most successful leaders.
How would you like to follow an unhappy leader?
Not many people will voluntarily follow leader who leads with an unhappy spirit. If you are following an unhappy leader, be careful that their unhappiness does not start become part of your life.
If you are unhappy, you do not have to continue live in unhappiness. What is stopping you form living a happy life? Better yet, what do you need to live a happy life?
Here are 10 things that could help with your happiness.
1. Planning. Life is unpredictable, so it is always great to have a plan. A plan will give you a sense peace and happiness, especially during chaotic times.
2. Exercising. Aside from the positive feeling triggered in your body when endorphins are released during exercise, exercise also helps you care for body. Exercise will keep you healthy and happy.
3. Sleeping. Without sleep, we all are more prone to be grumpy and irritated. Research says it is good to get seven hours of sleep, but I know it can be hard to consistently get seven hours with all your responsibilities. Just know, you will be more alert and happy when you are able to get more sleep.
4. Relaxation. Sometimes we just need to take a break and get away. It may be taking a vacation or you may just need a “staycation.”
5. Eating. Too much of anything can be bad for you. Every now and then you should treat yourself to your favorite food.
6. Sharing. Being willing to open up and share something meaningful with someone else is should help improve your happiness.
7. Quiet-time. We all could use some quiet time. Time for us to break away from the noise and chaos of constant cell phones notifications, cluttered emails, and social media alerts to clear our minds.
8. Laughing. Laughter is medicine for the soul. Laughter is a great way to boost your happiness.
9. Dancing. You don’t have to be a professional dancer or know how o dance, just moving your body to some music will help with increasing your happiness.
10. Companionship. It is hard not to be happy when you have good family members or friends around you. We have to discover ways of surrounding ourselves with great people who are supportive.
You can lead a happy life. When you find yourself living and leading with unhappiness, know that the only thing standing between you and happiness is your ability to change. Try one of these 10 strategies to stop unhappiness in its tracks. You were created to live and lead with happiness.