There is a short list of things that we actually need in life.
The short list consists of God, food, water, and sleep. I would add to that short list, "A Strong Work Ethic."
As a child, I can remember having several chores such as washing dishes, vacuuming, mowing grass, washing dishes, etc. I learned quickly the importance of work ethic. My father and mother stressed doing my very best with any and every task. I have carried this same work ethic with me into my adult tasks and responsibilities.
I was taught the following:
- Finish what you start,
- Do more than what’s expected of you,
- Go the extra mile,
- Do your best, and
- Find the will to get it done.
How is your work ethic?
These days, everyone claims to have a strong work ethic. After today’s blog, I want you to be able to clearly understand the meaning of ‘A Strong Work Ethic’ and also discover why you need it.
What is Work Ethic?
Work ethic is defined by two qualities = hard work and diligence.
Hard Work. If we were to survey those who are successful, they have this quality. People with ’Great Work Ethic’ will do whatever it takes to get the job done. They will sacrifice all their time and effort to bring success to the task at hand.
What are your current responsibilities? What are your dreams and aspirations? Have you put enough hard work into these things?
Don’t compromise the success of your goals and objectives because you are not willing to work hard.
Diligence. Diligence and hard work are frequently used interchangeably, but the words are both quite different.
Diligence can be hard work, but diligence is defined by our ability to persist. We discussed this in Don’t Lose Heart (Click on link).
I can give my all once and work hard, but success takes consistent hard work more than once. Hard work daily produces success.
Producing hard work daily requires perseverance and commitment. This is defined as diligence.
Why You Need A Strong Work Ethic
1. To Build Character and Experience. The more you practice being at your best with your work ethic, you will notice more effectiveness in your work ethic. Eventually, great work ethic will naturally be part of who you are. And no matter where you go in life, your great work ethic will follow you. It will build your character.
2. To Increase Your Value. When you work hard and are diligent about your hard work, you will discover an increase in your professional value. Any organization is looking for people who have an exceptional work ethic, which means there will be more of a demand for your skills.
3. To Improve Your Financial Situation. As you improve your value, your compensation will reflect your increased value in the marketplace. The more income you receive will provide future opportunities for financial independence and wealth for you and your family.
What’s keeping you from achieving your desired level of success?
Work ethic determines your level of success. Focus on bettering your work ethic. You will thank yourself if you will take your work ethic to the next level.
Question: How would you benefit from a strong work ethic? Leave your comments below.Peace and Prosperity, Bryant Hall MTN Universal, LLC Follow us on Twitter Like us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest