Over 52 years ago, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered a speech that changed the history of our nation.
There are so many things we have learned from this amazing speech. These hopeful and inspirational words came during a time of difficulty. If you have a few minutes, take some time to read or listen to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech.
His dream was not only for blacks, but also for all races and ethnic backgrounds.
Other than the famous words of “I Have a Dream,” there are a few other words that stand out. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. repeated three words towards the end of speech that should resound throughout our lives. Those words are “Let freedom ring.”
We all have benefited from Dr. King’s dream. The freedom we all enjoy comes from several path blazers with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. being one. It is that freedom that allows us to think outside the box and capitalize on new opportunities.
So, I want to leave you with 12 life-changing quotes from Dr. King.
12 Life-Changing Quotes from Dr. King
1. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
2. Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t se the whole staircase.
3. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
4. The time is always right to do what is right.
5. Life’s most persistent and urgent question is ‘What are you doing for others?’
6. Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
7. We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.
8. I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
9. Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
10. Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.
11. Nonviolence is a powerful and just weapon, which cuts without wounding and ennobles the man who wields it. It is a sword that heals.
12. A lie cannot live.