Life has a way of making us or breaking us. One thing you can be sure of in this life is its unpredictable nature. However, too many times we focus on the unpredictable nature rather than the way we respond to the uncertainties of life.
We have heard this many times and it still holds true to this day. Life is all about attitude. Life may be uneven, but we need an even or balanced attitude.
As leaders, we have been created with unique qualities. None of us are the same, but there are similarities between leaders who “get it right” and those leaders who fail to get it right. Which leader are you?
From many years of being around leaders and also leading, there are common denominators when it comes to the leaders who “get it right.” In no specific order, these leaders have the following attributes in common:
- Great leaders are passionate about their purpose,
- Great leaders aren’t afraid to ask for help,
- Great leaders are quick to admit their errors or wrongs,
- Great leaders look to greater source of power (God),
- Great leaders are great students,
- Great leaders always have a plan for success,
- Great leaders will praise their team for success rather than self,
- Great leaders have vision / insight.
- Great leaders are positive,
- Great leaders are resourceful,
- Great leaders are great communicators,
- Great leaders have a foolish faith, and
- Great leaders love to serve.
There many other attributes of those leaders who “get it right.” I hope you are a leader that “gets it right.” If not, keep working on developing your personal and professional leadership skills. I suggest finding a mentor to help you. You have what it takes, but you may just need someone to pull it out of you.
Leaders aren’t born, but they are made from life’s uneven ways, mentoring, and other forms of educational influences. Discover the best way to develop the leader within you and lead your life enjoying the prosperity of God.
“Without good direction, people lose their way; the more wise counsel you follow, the better your chances.” - Proverbs 11:14
Peace and Prosperity,
Bryant Hall, Sr.
MTN Universal, LLC