There is nothing worse than working without a purpose. Job loyalty and purposeful working has lost importance in today’s workplace.
Work has become just another way to make money for many people. There is absolutely nothing wrong with working to pay your bills, put food on the table, or to have a little spending money. But there has to be more of a reason for why we work. Right?
I have seen many people in the work industry only concerned with clocking in and out. They work their 8 hours a day, but that’s all it is - work. For these people, work has no meaning or purpose.
I’m not saying these people are bad people or ineffective workers, but it may not help with building a strong work ethic.
Have you ever found yourself working without purpose?
Working without purpose interferes with our success. Practically speaking, most of us spend most of our waking time at work. That means if we are going to be successful we need to work with purpose.
It may be tough to approach everyday with this attitude of working with a purpose, but these ten tactics should help you work with a purpose and power your success.
1. Focus and do one thing at a time. How we handle our current tasks and responsibilities determines our future success. We must discover purpose in every task we decide to perform at work.
2. Know the challenge. Before we can work with purpose, we have to know our difficulties. What challenges are holding us back from working with purpose? Is it lack of sleep? Is it an attitude problem? Once you find any possible challenges to you working with purpose, don’t let anything stop you from purposefully working in order to achieve your success.
3. Listen carefully. Success comes in different ways and we can sometimes miss our opportunities to succeed if we are not listening actively.
4. Ask the right questions. None of us knows it all. When we don’t know something, the best thing to do is to ask the right questions. Asking the wrong question can cause you to run in circles, so ask the right questions to discover different ways of working with purpose.
5. Be Sensible. The more realistic you can be the better. Don’t set high expectation with your working goals. Set good balance goals and set out to achieve them.
6. Accept Change. Nothing in life stays the same. Whether we are moving forward or backward, accept the change by adapting to challenges at hand. It will add more purpose to your work.
7. Admit Mistakes. One of the keys to working or living with purpose is taking onus. Taking onus stops us from blaming others and allows us to learn from our mistakes. When you have experienced success, you will be able to look back and see a track history of personal accountability.
8. Make it simple. Most of us are appreciative of simplicity. It hard to work or live with purpose if we are making things more complicated than they should be.
9. Be Calm. You are headed for a more purposeful and successful life if you can be calm in the various situations you will encounter. When we are patient and calm, it gives us a better opportunity to effectively work and be productive.
10. Smile more. It may be hard to believe, but smiling more will help give your work and life more purpose. Smiling sets the right tone. It will allow you to maintain positive energy and the right attitude.
I believe we all want to work and live with purpose. In our constant search for purpose, daily live lives of significance.
People who are able to perform meaningful actions daily will experience an abundance of success.
Question: Are you daily working and living with purpose? Leave your comments below.Peace and Prosperity, Bryant Hall MTN Universal, LLC Follow us on Twitter Like us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest