Are you equipped for success? “What you don’t know won’t hurt you.” This is a phrase I have heard loosely thrown around for by some people.
It is easy to turn a blind eye and plea ignorance, but to be the best leader you can be requires accountability and readiness. Sometimes I think that leaders are seeking for a “magic pill.” There are many ways you can equip yourself for success. But one of the greatest ways is to work on your thought process.
How do you think? Do you see the best or worst in yourself and others around you? How serious are you about your success?
Whatever profession you are in, you knowledge and preparation is the key to your success. So today, I would like to leave you with 27 thoughts from great leaders that will help equip you as a leader for your success.
1. Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. -Nelson Mandela
2. The secret to success is good leadership, and good leadership is all about making the lives of your team members or workers better. -Tony Dungy
3. The keys to brand success are self-definition, transparency, authenticity and accountability. -Simon Mainwaring
4. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. -Leo Buscaglia
5. You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win. -Zig Ziglar
6. You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -Mahatma Ghandi
7. Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming. -John Wooden
8. Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. -Norman Vincent Peale
9. The secret of your success is determined by your daily agenda. -John C. Maxwell
10. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence. -Colin Powell
11. Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. -Albert Schweitzer
12. The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task a hand. -Vince Lombardi
13. The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. -Dwight D. Eisenhower
14. Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. -Winston Churchill
15. If everyone is moving forward together, the success takes care of itself. -Henry Ford
16. Success is where preparation and opportunity meet. -Bobby Unser
17. Don’t make a living prevent you from making a life. -John Wooden
18. Ultimately leadership is not about glorious crowning acts. It’s about keeping your team focused on a a goal and motivated to do their best to achieve it, especially when the stakes are high and the consequences really matter. It is about laying the groundwork for others’ success, and the standing back and letting them shine. -Chris Hadfield
19. If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. -Maya Angelou
20. People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care. -John C. Maxwell
21. Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. -Thomas Jefferson
22. Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible. -Toby Robbins
23. The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear. -Brian Tracy
24. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. -Melody Beattie
25. Weakness in attitude becomes weakness in character. -Albert Einstein
26. The growth and development of people is the highest calling of leadership. -Harvey S. Firestone
27. Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results. -Willie Nelson
Find a way to think about at least one of these thoughts each day. Your mental settledness is so important to reaching the success you desire. What are some of your favorites thoughts by yourself or other great leaders? Please leave a comment below, send me a tweet on Twitter, or leave a comment on Facebook.
If you liked what you read here, subscribe here to get the latest ideas on success and leadership.