Whenever and wherever you are, today is a beautiful day!
“This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” - Psalm 118:24
When you begin to spend cherished time with the Lord, it is like beholding your face in a mirror where God begins to exhibit the greater things of life. The greater things in life to me are enjoying the journey God has me on and making the most of the opportunities in my life.
If we are honest, we all are in desperate need of change. What do you need to change in your life? What I need to change is completely different from your need for change. Sometimes it’s as simple as adjusting the schedule or as drastic as removing an ungodly habit.
Whatever you need to change, it is only between you and God. But the time is now to address it.
As an educator, I thoroughly enjoy teaching the Scientific Method. Children enjoy the process of discovery, especially when it is discovering solutions to problems. My Scientific Method lessons usually begin with discovering an object in a mystery bag. With this method, there are just a few simple steps to solving any problem, but it works.
How do you handle the problems in your life? Don’t let the same problem continue to exist day by day. If you continue to see the same problem in your journal and on your prayer list, it is time for you to lead with the help of the Lord in your life to get rid of the pain and grief of that problem. This is easier said than done, but God is willing to help you lead your life in in a manner that brings serenity instead of the pain. This is how I use these steps. And I strongly suggest for you to do the same by tackling one problem or challenge at a time.
1. Identify the problem. What is the problem or issue you are trying to remove from your life?
2. Research the problem. Go to the Bible and find book, chapter, and verse to help solve the problem. After you are brutally honest with yourself, the problem usually isn’t as bad as you think. Especially, after you take a step-by-step approach to solving what is hindering you from being your best you.
3. Step by step. Be specific about the results you are expecting. List your objectives step by step. It may be one baby step at a time, but keep moving forward with your plan to solve the problem. Again, honesty is the key; don’t allow the problem to irritate you. Find an effective way to manage the problem and realize that God is your life line not your problem.
4. Document your results. You should be able to see positive growth in the area of your problem. If not, go back to step one and again identify the problem. Have you ever thought you were on the right only to evaluate the situation and you didn’t clearly understand what was needed for you to be successful or that you were still in a state of self-denial? It is still okay to start at step one and try it all over again. This is one of the many privileges that God provides when we allow Him to lead our lives.
5. Conclusion. What is the summary of your research that supports your goal? The key for me was always what did I learn from this process. I looked at all the advantages in the situation, and use those as incentives to avoid entangling myself with the same problem. It is true; it is insanity to keep doing the same thing while producing the same terrible results. So here is the goal for this week.
Acknowledge what needs to change in your life and change it.
This is a simple plan you may use to create one of your own. It is time to move forward, but you have to be able to look at yourself in the mirror of God and love you because you are His beautiful creation. (James 1:22-25)
MTN Universal, LLC