How many times have you started your day off on the wrong foot? Better yet, have you ever found yourself waking up on the wrong side of the bed?
It’s amazing how a good start to your day can affect your day’s productivity. And vice versa when it comes to a bad start to your day. Are you curious about how this happens?
I have seen many people question why their days are “bad.” But with a little reflection, they will discover that they did not get a great start to their day.
Here are 5 ways to start great and finish great.
1. Talk to God. It sounds simple, but it can be a challenge. But you just have to make time. Take time and talk to God before checking the scores to last night games, checking your emails, or responding to any text. There is nothing like talking to Creator and Sustainer of all things. Everyday is His day anyway.
“This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” - Psalm 118:24
2. Plan the night before. Many times we have unorganized and chaotic days because we lack a plan. You will be surprised how many of your “bad” days will turn into “good” days if you would just plan the night before. Plan what you will eat, wear, the route you will travel to work, etc. It will give you a great start to your day versus feeling frustrated or out of control.
3. Take time to meditate. Whether it is five or thirty minutes, give yourself time to positively charge your mind by reflecting on how blessed you are. You will encounter enough negative stimulators. Meditation will positively charge your brain and start your day with a deeper meaning.
4. Read some form of inspirational words. I prefer to start with the Bible, but you could actually start with a inspirational word, quote, story, or book. It could be the same word or quote every morning, but anything to start your day in the right way.
5. Move your body. Exercise is a great way to get your day started. It is a great way to get some of the positive stimulants of your mind to release causing you a sense of calming and confidence.
You may not do every last one of these, but do what works for your life. If you can get a great start to your day, you will discover your days ending in a positive way.
Question: How are you currently starting your days? Which one of these could help you start and finish your day great?
Peace and Prosperity,
MTN Universal, LLC