War has been around since the creation of human life.
I have the utmost respect for the courageous men and women tirelessly fighting for our freedom. They are the real heroes of our world.
It’s hard comparing the reality of war to anything we go through with the luxurious comforts we enjoy all around us, but I do believe one thing comes pretty close. There is nothing worse than being free, but still living without freedom. So daily we are warring in our minds and this constant fight we cannot afford to lose.
Are You Warring in Your Mind?
Have you ever had a very bad day? Have you ever wondered why you were put on this earth? Do you feel as if you are wasting time in school, work, home, church, etc.? Are you constantly feeling unrest and chaos in your life? Do these questions strike a nerve with you? If the answer is yes, chances are you are warring in your mind and you could possibly be feeling stuck.
The word war was derived from the late Old English word werre meaning “to confuse, perplex.”
We all aspire to live a purposeful life. A life filled with happiness and fulfillment. But what happens when we don’t achieve this goal?
When we lack this feeling of happiness and fulfillment, it is then when we find ourselves warring in our minds.
It causes us to live lives of frustrations, pessimism, and we feel just plain stuck. Have you ever felt stuck?
If you are like most of us, at some point in your life you have felt lost. Whenever you feel any of these emotions you are at war in your mind.
Being at war in your mind doesn’t make you a bad person. Being at war in your mind just makes you human.
Let me share 6 things to remember when you are stuck. Take this list and copy it. Refer back to it. But more importantly, practice it. Constant remembrance of these things will help with bring purpose to your life.
6 Things to Remember When You Are Stuck
We can’t just sit back and watch life pass us by. So here is a short list of things you can do when you feel stuck.
1. Acknowledge you are stuck. One of the most important things to remember when you are stuck is to acknowledge that you are stuck. Acknowledgment being stuck will help with your life’s direction. It is very beneficial for you to know where you are before you can get to where you are going.
2. No one else can make you feel stuck. Have you ever blamed anyone else for your frustrations or lack of achievements? Blaming others is the easiest excuse when we are stuck. Avoid blaming others and look within. Knowing no one else can make us feel stuck is great news because it means we have the power to change.
3. It is not the end of the world. When we feel stuck, we usually feel no one else understands along with a sense of despondency. Whatever you do, don’t feel hopeless. Know that feeling stuck only is an indication of two things: 1) Your life is about to change or 2) Your life needs change.
4. Growth is just around the corner. Usually when we experience hard times such as feeling stuck, it brings about a time of meditation, transformation, adaptation, and rejuvenation. No one likes feeling stuck, but it can be the best thing sometimes because it will feel like an awakening to new purpose. So next time you feel stuck, use it to grow your personal and professional life.
5. See the bigger picture. It’s quite easy to think life is all about us. We may not say those words, but we can live those words when we complain about our feeling of being stuck. Always remember someone else is watching you. We all are leading someone. How we respond when we are stuck helps not only ourselves if we respond the right way, but also helps others who are stuck or those who may eventually be stuck.
6. Everyone has an opinion. When we are stuck, everyone will have an opinion. However, we shouldn’t get caught up in paying attention to everyone’s opinion of us. If we care about what others think about us, we then will become a prisoner to the thoughts of others. To live out our purpose, we need to be able to take the opinions of others for what they are worth and move forward discovering our own way.
Question: Are you warring in your mind? What are you warring in your mind about?
Peace and Prosperity,
MTN Universal, LLC